Health & Safety Guidelines
This page was last updated in December 2021
Based on the latest UK Government’s advise and guidelines, we, Hipsinc.com and the venues we work with, have made some changes in the way we operate so we can continue with the face to face dance lessons and ensure everyone feels safe.
By attending and booking Hipsinc Bellydance Lessons you agree to abide by these guidelines.
What we have done:
- Advance booking system and card payment are now available, in order to diminish close contact, manage group attendance and carry a -internal only- track and trace system.
- Increased ventilation. The classes will be run with at least one door or window open. Please wear an extra layer of clothes if you need to during cold months.
- One way circulation: Follow the designated entrance and exit to the venues.
- Increased sanitising of surfaces in communal areas, such as floors, door handles, toilets and sink areas.
- Sanitising of studio floors regularly.
- The use of fans and windows open for ventilation, as much as possible. You might want to wear thermal clothes during the colder months.
- Body temperature check upon arrival.
- Log in book and QR code scan available at the entrance. If requested by the NHS to provide visitor information, due to an outbreak in the vicinity, we will supply your name, mobile and time of arrival and departure.
What you can do:
- BOOK IN ADVANCE. Drop-ins are welcome but in case there is no space available, priority goes for those who booked in advance. You can book for a single lesson double lesson (on the same day), or for the whole term.
- IF YOU HAVE SYMPTONS or TEST POSITIVE, stay at home.
- USE A FACE COVERING INSIDE THE BUILDING (once in class the face mask is optional to avoid the negative impact this could have in the activity)
- KEEP A SAFE DISTANCE. Respect other students and staff safety.
- USE HAND SANITISER and WASH YOUR HANDS OFTEN. You’ll find stations around the building.
- Log in upon arrival to help the NHS track and trace system. Either using the QR code or the log in book available at the venue. This is voluntary.
- Avoid touching your face.
- ENJOY YOUR CLASS. Staying active and positive, along with resting properly and eating healthy is the best way to stay healthy and strong, and this includes your immune system!
Please follow the instructions on hygiene and social distancing as displayed around the building to keep yourself and everyone safe.
A note on non-judgement and respect: we are aware of the different opinions on all the things related to this pandemic and the safety measures taken. Independently of our opinion on the matter, there is a law we have to follow in order to make the classes possible and we area advocates of mutual respect and understanding.
Please, be respectful with other students and staff, follow the guidelines even if you don’t agree with them. Thank you very much.
With dance and hope,
Director of hipsinc.com & dancepandemic.com
For more information regarding coronavirus visit https://www.gov.uk/coronavirus