Health & Safety Guidelines
Last update: 19-10-2020
Note on the last restrictions announced by the UK Government:
According to the gov.uk website, Hipsinc bellydance lessons are exempt from following the rule of six national guideline, as our classes are held following social distance guidelines.
As stated in this gov.uk website (Local COVID alert level: high)
- businesses and venues can continue to operate, in a COVID-secure manner, other than those that remain closed in law.
- exercise classes and organised sport can continue to take place outdoors; these will only be permitted indoors if it is possible for people to avoid mixing with people they do not live with or share a support bubble with; there are exceptions for supervised activities for under-18s, and disability sport.
Based on the latest UK Government’s advise and guidelines, we, Project B Venue and Hipsinc.com, have made some changes in the way we operate so we can continue with the face to face dance lessons and ensure everyone feels safe.
By attending and booking Hipsinc Bellydance Lessons you agree to abide by these guidelines.
What we have done:
- Reduced studio capacity and designated and marked dancing space once in the studio. This is to ensure enough space between students. Based on the measures of the studio, we could safely fit 15 people per class. To stay on the safe side, we have decided to have a maximum of 10 people per class.
- Advance booking system and card payment are now available.
- One way circulation: Designated entrance and exit to the venue when possible.
- If there is no event happening downstairs, the entrance will be through the front door. The exit for both groups will be through the side door.
- If there is an event in the hall downstairs, please go to the main door and you’ll be informed on how to get to the class.
- Increased sanitising of surfaces in communal areas, such as floors, door handles, toilets and sink areas.
- Sanitising of studio floors regularly.
- The use of fans and windows open for ventilation, as much as possible. You might want to wear thermal clothes during the colder months.
- Body temperature check upon arrival.
- Log in book and QR code scan available at the entrance. If requested by the NHS to provide visitor information, due to an outbreak in the vicinity, we will supply your name, mobile and time of arrival and departure.
What you can do:
- BOOK IN ADVANCE. Drop-ins will be accepted ONLY if there is space available. Priority goes for those who booked in advance. You can book for a single lesson or a pack of 6 lessons following this link. If you have already paid for a pack of 6 lessons, please book each one of them individually in advance (using your already purchased pack).
- IF YOU HAVE SYMPTONS, stay at home. If you have book for a class and develop symptoms afterwards (loss of taste or smell, high temperature, difficulty breathing, etc), simply communicate it at firstname.lastname@example.org and your payment will be carried towards the next week.
- USE A FACE COVERING DURING THE CLASS. Exemptions apply.
- KEEP A SAFE DISTANCE from other students and staff.
- USE HAND SANITISER. You’ll find stations around the building.
- Log in upon arrival to help the NHS track and trace system. Either using the QR code or the log in book available at the venue. This is voluntary.
- Avoid touching your face.
- Wash you hands with soap and water often, even if they don’t feel dirty.
- About the use of gloves: Gloves can harbour a high viral load and contaminate surfaces. The individual may also transfer from glove to face in a higher dose and not touching the face and washing hands thoroughly is far more important.
- ENJOY YOUR CLASS. Staying active and positive, along with resting properly and eating healthy is actually the best way to boost your immune system.
Please follow the instructions on hygiene and social distancing as displayed around the building to keep yourself and everyone safe.
A note on non-judgement and respect: we are aware of the different opinions on all the things related to this pandemia and the safety measures taken. Independently of our opinion on the matter, there is a law we have to follow in order to make the classes possible and keep the venue open.
Please, be respectful and follow the guidelines even if you don’t agree with them. Thank you very much.
With dance and hope,
Director of hipsinc.com & dancepandemic.com
For more information regarding coronavirus visit https://www.gov.uk/coronavirus